Welcome to our family’s website.
We are so glad you found us!
TFAA was established in 1987 by a group of Tipton family members. (original purpose)
PURPOSE OF THE ORGANIZATION
The Tipton Family Association of America (TFAA) a non-profit organization, was founded to foster historical research concerning the descendants and antecedents of Jonathan Tipton who died in Baltimore, Maryland in 1757.
More specifically, the TFAA is intended:
(1) To bring those who are interested in genealogical research concerning the Tipton Family into communication with one another by providing a central organization devoted to research on the Tipton Family.
(2) To provide a forum for the distribution of information and data concerning the Tipton Family to interested researchers by the quarterly publication of a Family Newsletter.
(3) To promote an awareness of American History through the framework of our ancestors participation in that history by the publication of articles on such topics.
(4) To encourage the preservation of the American Heritage in general and the Tipton Heritage in particular by such actions as the governing body of the organization shall from time to time deem appropriate.
The Tipton family was instrumental in several historical events and were pioneers of several States and counties such as; Cades Cove, Tipton IN, Tipton TN, Elizabethton TN and much more!
We are seeking Tiptons and Tipton descendants to inform you about, and invite each of you to our annual Tipton family meetings and reunions.
PRESIDENT NOTE: This group is a VOLUNTEER group of family members that are willing to help in your research!
Questions? Please contact:
239-994-1246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The TFAA publishes newsletters periodically during the year and a family meeting is held on the Saturday in October of the Columbus Day weekend.
Listed below is the latest newsletter, to see previous newsletters go to the menu at top of this page.
- Tipton Family Association of America Annual Meeting and Reunion
- Memories & Tales
- President Introduction and Contact Information
- Did You Know?
The above “Tipton Family Research Group” has been created for those of us who descend from Jonathan Tipton (c1659-1757). The purpose of the group is to share genealogical information and help each other determine our direct Tipton line or lines. It will also provide the opportunity to share significant or interesting information about our Tipton ancestors.
In order to be respectful of the site, its purpose, and its members, please post only information pertaining to Tipton history and Tipton genealogy. Please do not use the site for posting political comments, recipes, photographs of pets, advertisements of businesses, products, and yard sales, or anything that would not be considered “good taste.” Of course, photos of Tipton descendants are always welcome. The administrator retains the right to remove anything that is not appropriate or suitable or that may be offensive to the members.
This is a closed/private group with membership by invitation. If you wish to become a member of the group, please ask to be invited and include your lineage from your earliest known descendant of Jonathan Tipton (c1659-1757). NO ONE IS ADDED TO THE GROUP UNTIL HE/SHE ANSWERS THE THREE QUESTIONS REQUIRED FOR MEMBERSHIP. Also, you must be willing to share your lineage with us so that we may include you in our descendants’ list. We look forward to having many Tipton descendants who are interested in Tipton genealogy and history.
The creation of this site was approved by the Tipton Family Association of America (TFAA) at its 2017 fall meeting.